I play in public concerts, though I prefer informal domestic music-making. Since March, all concerts are cancelled, so I have been doing extra video performances online. Get the latest on my Youtube channel.
I used to concentrate on performing reconstructed medieval and Renaissance Scottish harp music using the replica 14th-century “Queen Mary” clàrsach. Notable performances include:
– Special exhibitions and events at the British Museum, London (2016 & 2018);
– Recreating 14th century Clan Donald bardic poetry performance with singer Gillebrìde MacMillan at Armadale, Isle of Skye (2014);
– Medieval sacred and ceremonial music at the Dinan harp festival, Brittany (2012).
More recently, I have been working on traditional Irish harp music from a bit over 200 years ago, including:
– Traditional Irish harp music at the bicentenary of the Irish harp Society, at the Linen Hall Library, Belfast (2019);
– 18th century pibroch or ceòl mór at the Festival of Early Irish harp in Kilkenny (2018);
– Early 19th century settings of Irish & Scottish harp tunes at the bicentenary “Nathaniel Gow’s Dance Band Concert” in Edinburgh (2017)